Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Labor Day BBQ - DIY Projects!

Remember these?
The chairs I found inspiration for on Pinterest?

Well I finished them up just in time for our Labor Day BBQ.

Here was the set up when all was said and done.


That is my back yard.
I don't think I've ever shown it here before.

I LOVE the hanging grape vines.
It might be my favorite part about this old house.

But I've been needing a picnic table under it for an entire year.
Has anyone seen the prices on those things?!

Crazy.

These old doors are very easy to come by in the neighborhood.
Most of our houses were built in the 1940s.

So, I brought one up from our neighbor's basement, sanded the thing down, cut some 4 by 4 legs, screwed them on and now have a really awesome table to eat at!

I'm still contemplating painting it.
Definitely at least need to put an outdoor clear finish on it to save it from rotting.

But those chairs.
Everyone loved those chairs.


They were one of the easiest projects I've done to date.
Cheap chairs.
A little spray paint.
{Definitely recommend Rustoleum for this project}
And you have a satisfying, colorful backyard for cheap!

Laid this blanket out for the little ones to eat at.

 
I made it in college out of old men's suitcoats I found at Goodwill.


The Better Life Bag I'm working on today:

2 comments:

  1. THESE ARE SO AWESOME!!!! And I love your backyard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chairs, table, and quilt all look wonderful! You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails