Wednesday, February 15, 2012

ruffle knee socks tutorial

This is the last day to vote for who you think should win the Pinterest Challenge!   
Go make your vote count!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These ruffle knee socks seem to be all the rage on Pinterest lately.  See? See?  and See?

So I decided to try my hand at making Little Ditty a set of her own.


It was pretty hard to find a pair of knee socks in her size, so I ended up using 2T socks so they would be tall enough.  I found the lace in the belting and ribbon section at Joann Fabrics.  Man is that lace heaven!  All sorts of styles and colors!

Here's the step by step:






The results are pretty cute.


Now, if only I could get her to keep them on.


6 comments:

  1. This is my childhood! Because I am a twin, with a twin brother, my mom would just have mostly boy clothes and just sew ruffles or lace on one set and put me in them...so we matched but I was obviously the girl :). Lot of bib overalls with ruffles and lace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you find a way to keep socks on babies let us know! I've not been able to keep socks on ANY of my four kids for very long! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha - maybe I should come up with suspenders for socks ;)

      Delete
  3. This is a nice tutorial.I found it very easy to learn and easy to perform.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just love love LOVE this!! it never occurred to me to make a pair for my little lady! so cute!

    I've linked to you here: http://dollarstoremom.com/2012/04/make-babytoddler-ruffle-socks/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails