I'm determined to make two for my kiddos in the month of February. But, I in NO WAY want to sit for hours upon end making 10-15 DIFFERENT interactive pages out of felt. As fun as it would be, I just don't have the time to spend on it.
So... I thought it might be fun to do a...
Basically, we would work in groups and each make 10-15 copies of ONE page from a quiet book. Then, you would ship all of your pages to me by a certain date, I would compile them all and ship a complete Quiet Book back to you with 10-15 different pages!
What do you think?
Here are the requirements if you want to take place (please be sure you can complete it).
1. Make 10-15 copies of one page of a quiet book and have it shipped to me by Monday, February 27th WITH $5 for shipping costs.
2. Page material should be made of the thick, non-fusible Pellon from your local Joann's (I can get you the actual number this week).
3. Pages will measure 11" x 9" (to maximize the use of one yard of Pellon)
4. Nothing can be glued... everything must be sewn on to the page for long lasting results.
5. Use hard felt or cotton for pockets. The softer felt can easily stretch over time.
6. Leave 1/2" margin on the right and left of the page for binding.
7. Detachable pieces must be sturdy and durable (use stiff felt or double up the soft felt with interfacing in-between)
8. Use sew on velcro instead of sticker kind.
9. Page must be interactive (search Pinterest for "quiet book" or see my board for ideas.)
10. Sew velcro with the soft side on the page to prevent sticking to the opposite side.
11. (optional, but nice and professional... use matching thread when sewing. This hides mistakes, too!)
12. If you live outside the United States, you MAY participate, but please be aware that shipping costs may be more than $5. I will email you the estimated shipping cost if you need.
You will be binding your own books after you get the pages. I thought this would be the simplest way to do it. So, you will essentially be sent 10-15 loose quiet book pages to bind together in the manner that works for you. (also lots of tutorials on Pinterest on how to bind Quiet Books).
In case you STILL aren't convinced that you want a Quiet Book, check out the cute, interactive pages! Many of these sites actually offer the templates for the page to download. So the work is very minimal!
|From my "Quiet Book" board on Pinterest.|
Ready to sign up? If you want to participate in the Quiet Book Page Swap, leave a comment below with your email address. I will take the first 15 people who comment. (If there is a BIG interest, I will consider making two swap groups... so go ahead and comment if you want to be considered!)
You have until January 30th (one week from today) to decide which Quiet Book Page you want to make (it will be one 1st come, 1st serve basis, so have a couple pages picked out when you email me in case your idea is already taken).
I'm SO excited! Aren't you?
PS... if you have TWO kids and want TWO Quiet Books, leave TWO comments below. Remember, though, you will have to make 10-15 copies of TWO different pages... double the work!