Friday, January 13, 2012

is your marriage dusty?

I was doing some deep cleaning the other day and pulled this out from under my dresser.


Yikes.  This used to be a picture that I cherished.  Our first kiss as husband and wife.  And now, I find it buried under dust and debris - hidden away?!

What has happened to my marriage?  Have I treated my husband just like I treated this picture?  Once cherished, now forgotten?

Lots of things have happened since that wedding day.  Babies... moving... deaths... more babies... new ministry... new jobs.  Lots of important things, but nothing so important that my marriage would become dusty and left untouched.

Our marriage is surviving at this stage.  But, had I focused energy into it over the last few years, it could be thriving.  And what would happen if I just let things continue coasting for the next ten years?  twenty years?

I'm committing myself to INTENTIONALLY thinking about loving my husband this year.  Cherishing him, supporting him, listening to him.  Want to join me?

If you're like me, you need resources and ideas to get you started and motivated.  So, I've put together a whole "Love Your Husband" Pinterest board dedicated to my new resolution. {isn't Pinterest the BEST?!}


It's full of books, prayers, date ideas, websites, and gift ideas.  All focused on our husbands and how to show them how much we love them.

You can guarantee I'll be adding lots of things here as I come across them.  And of course, blogging about it and chatting up with you all about how it's going.  I'd love for you to join me.

4 comments:

  1. This is the perfect post at the perfect time. A few our friends are going through some serious marital issues right now and though our marriage is fine, I know that if we don't work everyday on it, that could easily happen to us too. Like you I've made it my goal to show my husband how much I love him and how much our marriage means to me. Thanks for the post and for the Pinterest board...I'll be checking that out quite frequently!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea!! You've inspired me to start my own love my husband pinboard & do something before our marriage becomes stale or dusty! Thanks Rebecca! I really enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca,
    After 30 years of marriage, your freshness is a great reminder. I get so caught up in the almost adult kids and Lawrence and I get pushed to the back of the pack.
    Starting today, I will intentionally love my man and soul mate.
    Thanks for the pin board, I will be following.
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea!! You've inspired me to start my own love my husband pinboard & do something before our marriage becomes stale or dusty! Thanks Rebecca! I really enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails