Friday, January 6, 2012

my pinterest challenge piece revealed!

Did anyone guess what project I had done from the Pinhead graphic?


Well, here it is:


Clara's 1st birthday party is coming up at the end of the month.  Last year, I did cupcakes instead of a cake.  And a large cupcake for the birthday boy to devour.  It worked out so well that I want to do it again.  And when I saw this chandelier makeover at I Heart Naptime, I knew I had to do it! 

She has a great tutorial, so I won't repeat it here.  The hardest part of this was getting the wires cut.  But thanks to hubby's tool box, a pair of wire cutters did the trick!

It only took a trip to the Habitat for Humanity Restore (for the chandelier)  and a trip to Joann's (for the wood plates and spray paint) to get it done.  I'm excited because I think I'll re-spray paint it different colors for different parties.  I wish I could show you the final product of it at work at her party, but I guess you'll just have to wait a few more weeks!  Until then, you can see a sneak peek on my Pinterest Board for her party.  Isn't Pinterest great?!

And in case this is your first time visiting, let me introduce myself.  I'm Rebecca.  You can read about what Better Life Bags is all about here.

Thanks for joining us for this Pinterest Challenge!  We LOVE having the accountability to get some things off our boards, too!  Good luck to everyone who entered!  And I'd be so honored if you'd follow my blog or join us for games and conversation on Facebook!

 

BLB of the day: 


Save 10% with BAGOFTHEDAY {good only on this bag until midnight on date of blog post}

7 comments:

  1. We have a habitat store in Tyler and just haven't visited it yet. I think a trip there is in my near future! It turned out great!! I am all for changing colors for different parties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to hear that it's done! Can't wait for pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool and cute. I often wish I were more crafty. Sometimes, I really get in the mood and following through, but most of the time I just think, "What would I do with that."

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I hadn't seen this done at I Heart Nap Time or on Pinterest. Thank you so much for posting it, it's on my "to do" list now, Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kim @ Cheap Chic Home Well, I'm glad it's pinned now, Kim! That's what I love about the Pinterest Challenge - it opens up more and more possibilities for crafting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails