Thursday, May 6, 2010

Decorate the Kitchen - Part 1

We have been graciously given a house to live in for the next month and a half.

We are living here rent free in exchange for me decorating (HOW GREAT IS THAT?!?!)!
(They have 7 college girls moving in this summer... 2 of which will stay full time in Hamtramck.  I thought they'd like a decorated place, too!)

We moved in yesterday.  

Within one hour, I already had wall decoration project underway!
Here's the Before:

And here's the After:

It was SO super easy!

Here's the run down...
- I found the frame in the garage
Remember this picture from a previous post:
- The old rug beater was also a garage find.  (rug beaters can go in the kitchen, right?)
- $10 shelf from IKEA
- $5 set of plastic glasses from Walmart to hold the silverware.
- Moved the dishes to the shelf.
- Added a red rug (not seen) and red towels $13 total from Walmart.

Total = $28


There are no kitchen cabinets in this house, so I thought the shelf would be a great idea for easy access to dishes.  I LOVE how it turned out.

Who needs kitchen cabinets anyway?

PS - My fabric is ready and waiting for your orders!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails