We have been graciously given a house to live in for the next month and a half.
We are living here rent free in exchange for me decorating (HOW GREAT IS THAT?!?!)!
(They have 7 college girls moving in this summer... 2 of which will stay full time in Hamtramck. I thought they'd like a decorated place, too!)
We moved in yesterday.
Within one hour, I already had wall decoration project underway!
Here's the Before:
And here's the After:
It was SO super easy!
Here's the run down...
- I found the frame in the garage
Remember this picture from a previous post:
- The old rug beater was also a garage find. (rug beaters can go in the kitchen, right?)
- $10 shelf from IKEA
- $5 set of plastic glasses from Walmart to hold the silverware.
- Moved the dishes to the shelf.
- Added a red rug (not seen) and red towels $13 total from Walmart.
Total = $28
There are no kitchen cabinets in this house, so I thought the shelf would be a great idea for easy access to dishes. I LOVE how it turned out.
Who needs kitchen cabinets anyway?
PS - My fabric is ready and waiting for your orders!