I have to give credit to my Grandma for this one.
She makes these for lots of mommas having their very own babies.
Easy, peasy, swaddling blankets.
They make such cute gifts when you pair two or three coordinating prints together.
(Not to mention how fun it is to shop in the snuggle flannel aisle at the fabric store!)
Here's how you can make your own:
1. You need 1 1/4 yards of Snuggle Flannel for each blanket.
I have found that this makes for the best size blanket for swaddling.
2. Prewash all your fabric before starting - flannel does shrink some.
3. Fold one edge of the flannel in about 1/4" - 1/2".
4. Then fold it over again the same amount.
5. Line the folded edge up with the left side of your sewing machine foot.
Keep an eye on where your fabric lines up on the right edge.
Mine is just below the 1/2" mark.
Try to keep the folded fabric lined up with the edge of the machine foot and the 1/2" mark.
6. Just fold a little then sew a little until you reach the end of one edge.
7. Then start on that edge folding over twice and sewing down the edge.
|This is a fun time to try out some new stitches on your sewing machine!|
8. Pretty soon you'll be done with all four sides!
Fold it and prepare a few more!
Little Bug and I have been practicing swaddling our friend Sammy.
We found Sammy at a garage sale for $1 and he has become our best friend.
I think we need a little more practice on how to carry our baby sister.