Saturday, October 2, 2010

Scrap Happy Saturday #2!

Well, here we are at our SECOND Scrap Happy Saturday!
Did you get to make anything with all those scraps you have laying around?
If so, link up!!

This week I was preparing for Little Bug's 1st Birthday party on Sunday.

So, of course, I had to make him a Birthday Outfit!
Doesn't he look like a TEENAGER????
I embellished a cheap shirt from Walmart and then made the hat out of an old sweater.
Both were great ways to use a little of my scraps.

I'm not posting my own tutorials this week because some ladies out there already have great tutorials written for BOTH the hat and the tie shirt!


Char from "Crap I've Made" has a GREAT tutorial for this tie t-shirt here.
It's so easy to follow and can be done SO quick.
The only thing I add to her tutorial is to use fray check on the edges of the tie BEFORE ironing it to the shirt.
Let it dry for 15-20 minutes before you iron.
This will just help it keep from fraying in the wash.
The darkened edges are where the fray check it.  It will dry.
In case you aren't sure what Fray Check is.
Then I discovered this awesome tutorial from Cheri at "I Am Momma - Hear Me Roar".
It also was easy to follow.

It takes you from this:
Forgot to take a true before picture :)
To this:

Awesome, huh?

I used some scrap fabric to embellish the hat a little.

I can't believe my Little Bug is ONE!
Here is is picking a flower for a girl, already...

Deciding who to give it to...

Then playing "She loves me... She loves me not"
Little does he know that I LOVE HIM FOREVER!


Now, let's see those scrap projects you've done!

If you'd like to put this button on your blog, please do!
It will help to get a good group of scrap projects here for us to reference later!





1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails