Hello again lovelies! It is time for ‘part 2′ of A Darling Day‘s party decoration tutorials. The first of today’s tutorials is for Ribbon Garland. Here’s the How-To…
- Cut several pieces of ribbon from several different spools. These pieces can be from 3 to 5 inches in length. Do not cut them all to exactly the same length. It is better to have slight variations in size.
- Line up all the ribbon pieces in random order.
- Pull the threads on your sewing machine so you have a couple feet of slack before you begin sewing.
- Pick up your first piece of ribbon and top stitch across the width of the piece. Once you have stitched across the ribbon, keep pressing on the presser foot for several more stitches. This will provide distance between each piece. Then push through the next ribbon piece. Continue until you have sewed over each piece of ribbon.
- Lay your ribbon garland flat on a table. You may need to manipulate the pieces across the thread to space them evenly apart.
Once finished, you can hang your ribbon garland vertically or horizontally against a wall.
I also wanted to share with you a super easy and clever DIY tutorial for fringy streamers over at Oh Happy Day.
Aren’t those just lovely?! (and a great example of “more is more” party decorating). In her tutorial, she uses crepe paper sheets. I hadn’t ever used crepe paper sheets before (and I wasn’t really sure where to find them…. I mean, I live in middle Georgia ) So, I thought I would try it myself with a roll of crepe paper steamers you can find just about anywhere.
- Cut a long piece from the roll of crepe paper (my piece was 6’ long) and fold the piece in half several times
- Evenly space small cuts on one side of the length. Do not cut all the way to the center. Cut in about 1/3 of the way.
- Make the same cuts on the other side. Again, do not cut all the way to the center.
- Unfold your piece of crepe paper, separating the fringe and crunching it with your fingers.
What a clever way to turn a tired, overused party decoration into something new and fun! Plus, I got my roll of crepe paper for 79 cents, so this decoration idea is great for those not looking to break the bank.
Next Tuesday, I will be back here with ideas on making your party guest-centered (your guests will appreciate it!). Until then, follow me on facebook or visit my blog or my etsy shop!
See you soon!