Friday, April 13, 2012

Just You and Me

He takes the kids to the park and I'm left alone.  The house is quiet, but the dishes need done, so I turn it on.  And it plays.  And my heart screams with joy.

"Take my heart, I lay it down at the feet of you who's crowned"

My eyes close and I uncontrollably sing.  Hands wet with soapy water from the endless pit of dishes, my mind goes empty.  Empty with everything except Him.


"Take my life, I'm letting go.  I lift it up to You who's throned "

I almost didn't turn the music on.  I almost just sat at the computer and looked at the endless amounts of inspiration that overflows the Internet.  I almost didn't listen to that small voice that whispered, "meet with ME."

"Meet with Me over a sink full of dishes - I don't care."  And I have never felt more connected.  Because whenever my heart is connected, it's just me and Him.

The dishes are suddenly done, I realize that my heart is FULL.  Why don't I do all my mundane tasks in the presence of Him?



Linking to:

6 comments:

  1. Rebecca,
    you are a source of fresh spring water! I just love the way that you write!
    You are so right. I have been trying to live more "intentionally" and notice God in every day!
    Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula. YOU are fresh spring water to me ;)

      Delete
  2. This post was beautiful when I read it! Thank you for this. Too often, in those still times, I run to the ME ME ME time on the computer.

    I should share this with Him.

    ~Samantha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Samantha. I know - isn't the computer a huge distraction at times? A necessary evil, I'm afraid.

      Delete
  3. So encouraging! Those are my absolute FAVORITE times. I'm so thankful you shared, I think I'll go do some dishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate... just turn that music up while you do them! ;)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails