Thursday, February 24, 2011

Peace Lily - God's Peace

It was a few weeks after that horrible day.

My parent's came to visit.
And my dad bought me a Peace Lily.

You know... the beautiful flowering plant that has a calli-lily type bloom?

It was to bring us peace in the midst of the storm.
To remind us of peace.
God's peace.
The peace that He gives when our minds are steadfast on Him.

The problem with this plant was
it
never
bloomed.

I never saw those beautiful white flowers emerge from beneath.

My dad would call and ask about it frequently.

"  Is it blooming yet?"
"  No, dad... nothing."

Then the unthinkable happened again.
We found out we were pregnant.
We were scared.
We were excited.
We did not have peace.

All I could think about was
it
happening
again.

I begged God to make this one stick.
I wasn't sure I could go through that again.

The day after the plus on the stick,

it
bloomed

after months and months of nothing.
It bloomed. 

A bright, white peeking from beneath.
God had given peace.
And as a symbol... the lily. 


The lily stayed perfect my entire pregnancy.
And has continued to bloom ever since.

3 comments:

  1. Rebecca,
    Thank you for this beautiful post. God is amazing and will never cease to amaze me. I feel like God led me to your blog to read another believer's stories (and craftiness - I like to get crafty too!). Thank you for your open heart and sharing this. This really blessed me today and that verse in Isaiah is just what I needed.

    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of the sweetest, most precious things I have ever heard. I know I'm just a follow blogger but you have written some things that just brighten my day. Thanks for sharing this beautiful symbol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading that gave me chills!! It's a perfect example of "God's perfect timing" - especially when it isn't OUR timing and what we expect. Bless you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails