Thursday, February 10, 2011

Valentine's with Yankee Candle

This craft could actually be used with ANY holiday
or ANY event.

It was inspired by my mother.

She created these for my brother and his fiance's engagement party.
{Which took place in January}


The card read like this:

And inside was this Yankee Candle.

My creative mother matched the title of the Yankee Candle 
{"Winter Wonderland"}  
with an appropriate verse from the Bible for the occasion 
{Psalm 118:23 "This is the Lord's doing.  And it is WONDERFUL in our eyes"}.
Great job mom!
These were SO cute!

Materials my mom used:
~ Small box from Walmart
~ Snowflake charm from Walmart {bought after Christmas sales}
~ "Joy" card was actually a cut up Christmas card.

But you could just as easily come up with something easier and quicker.
{Like a small cellophane bag with a tag inside about the verse}

Here's a Valentine's idea I found while perusing the Yankee Candle site.
Use this candle.
 And this verse:
Song of Solomon 8:7
Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away. If one were to give all the wealth of his house for love, it would be utterly scorned.

Don't want to use a verse?
Come up with a cute saying to go along with a votive instead!

Like this candle.


And this saying:
"My whole life is as romantic as a walk on the beach with you."

{That seems like a pretty lame saying... I'm sure you can more creative than me!}

Yankee Candles are the Cadillac of candles {in my opinion}, and these votives are just the right price for a simple, but thoughtful gift!

Want some more V-day ideas?
Check here
and here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails